Instructions for Management of the Conference Hall
Instructions for Management of the Conference Hall of the Institute of Transportation Building,
- Ministry of Transportation and Communications
- Amended and approved at the 223rd Institute Meeting on December 11, 2002
- Amended and approved at the 282nd Institute Meeting on December 11, 2007
- Amended and approved at the 316th Institute Meeting on September 6, 2010
- Amended and approved at the 335th Institute Meeting on April 11, 2012
- Amendment and approval authorized on December 18, 2012
- Amendment and approval authorized on December 4, 2015
1. The Institute of Transportation (hereinafter referred to as the “Institute”) is the management agency of the Institute of Transportation Building (hereinafter referred to as the “Building”). These Instructions are established for the effective management of the international conference hall (hereinafter referred to as the “Conference Hall”) in the Building.
2. The Conference Hall with a total of 155 seats is intended for holding all kinds of conferences (with over 80 participants).
3. Except for special occasions with special permission, the Conference Hall will be opened from 08:30 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 17:30 every day, from Monday to Friday. The Conference Hall will be closed on weekends and national holidays.
4. Those who wish to lease the Conference Hall shall fill in the Conference Hall Lease Application Form (Annex 1) to apply for permission to use with the Secretariat.
5. The rental for the Conference Hall is shown in Annex 2.
6. The Institute will assign staff to control and operate the air-conditioning, lighting, audio, and video equipment in the Conference Hall. The user shall arrange, at its own expense, venue decoration, venue recovery, reception of participants, beverage supply, venue service, and simultaneous interpreters for the required languages.
7. The user shall be responsible for the safety and security of participants during the term of the lease. The user shall also prepare the event pass for the participants to wear. The user shall deliver the sample of the pass and the list of participants to the Institute one week before a conference for participant identification and courtesy treatment.
8. No drinking or eating is allowed inside the Conference Hall. The user shall arrange beverages and refreshments (the user is responsible for venue decoration, beverage supply, and venue service) to be served outside the Conference Hall (employee canteen). The user shall pay for the cleaning or compensation for dirtying the equipment in the Conference Hall.
9. The user shall prioritize existing equipment for venue decoration. The user shall apply for the Institute’s permission for decoration using special equipment and shall remove such equipment and restore the Conference Hall after use. The user shall restore or compensate for the damage caused to the existing equipment in the Conference Hall.
10. Users requiring an early entry to the Conference Hall shall apply for the Institute’s permission in advance.
11. After using the Conference Hall, the user shall clean up and restore the Conference Hall on the same day. The user may directly contact the management agent of the Building to clean up and restore the Conference Hall at its own expense. All articles left inside the Conference Hall will be treated as waste.
12. In support of the “Disposal Cup Reduction Program for Government Agencies and Schools” proposed by the Environmental Protection Administration of the Executive Yuan, the Institute will not supply disposable cups, either paper or plastic, or bottled water.
13. The Conference Hall is leased for holding professional conferences only. No campaign rallies shall be allowed.
14. These Instructions shall be implemented after the approval by the Institute’s director-general or by the institute meeting. The same shall apply to the amendments thereof.