——The Operation Directions of Computer Data of the Institute of Transportation, MOTC, ordained on February 6, 1998, by the 166th Institute Meeting.
——The Operation Directions for the Research Data Supply of the Institute of Transportation, MOTC, ordained on September 7, 2001, by the 208th Institute Meeting.
——The Operation Guidelines for the Research Data Supply of the Institute of Transportation, MOTC, ordained on November 8, 2002, by the 222nd Institute Meeting.
- To strengthen the transportation information service, utilizes the resources effectively, avoids redundant investment of data acquisition, promotes the analysis and application of transportation information, and reasonably charges based on the operation cost to establish the user-pays concept, the Institute of Transportation, Ministry of Transportation and Communications (hereafter refers to as the IOT), predominantly sets these Operation Guidelines.
- When it involves the security maintenance, Intellectual Property Rights protection, privacy of personal data and related items, these Operation Guidelines, shall be governed by the Statistics Act, the Copyright Act, the Classified National Security Information Protection Act, Computer-Processing Personal Data Protection Act and Enforcement Rules, the Computer Equipment Security and Information Secret Maintenance Principle of the Executive Yuan and Its Affiliated Agencies, the Personal Data Protection Guidelines of the Executive Yuan and Its Affiliated Agencies, and the Electronic Data Circulation Implementation Guidelines.
- The computer data in these Operation Guidelines refers to the non-confidential investigation statistical data stored in the computer media by the IOT.
- nstitutions, state-run/private enterprise organizations, schools, associations or individuals intending to use the research data of IOT may visit this IOT website to personally download the data for free. If the applicant needs the IOT for the data transcribed, they should file the request form (as Appendix I), get approval and pay the fees to the Cashier Office before transcribing. All the fees are submitted to the National Treasury Agency. However, the IOT will not charge, if the applicant belongs to an administrative agency or the public agency, and has obtained an official letter.
- To encourage the development of the internet, it is free if the data of IOT is downloaded through the internet basically. In addition, to understand the application of IOT data for the future improvement reference, the applicant should file the request form (as Appendix II ) and attach it in an email to the IOT before downloading the data. Two months after providing the data, the IOT will send a User’s Opinion Survey Form Appendix III) to the applicant automatically through the “Automatic E-mail Reply System”. The Flow Chart for the Research Data Supply of the Institute of Transportation is shown in Appendix IV.
- To cite IOT data, authors should provide the source as a reference.